Saturday, December 27, 2014

rustic blue sideboard

It makes things a lot easier if a client has a vision.  If they can show me three pictures of what they like, I can usually come close to their vision.  This was a dark mahogany stained server with great storage and in fantastic shape.  My client wanted something rustic and distressed that sat flat on the floor. It took a few weeks to find but it was perfect.  Painted in Benjamin Moore's Old Pickup blue mixed with plaster and then sealed in a dark wax.  
I didn't know whether or not to leave the hardware or clean it up to a pretty shine.  I bought this sideboard as a set with a matching china cabinet so I tried both finishes on the hardware.  I liked the cleaned up version, but my client like the more rustic, untouched hardware.  
See? Client with a vision really helps!
Right at home!


No comments: