Sunday, June 28, 2015

My Favorite Things


 A local The Sound of Music production gave some of my family and furniture a chance to shine!  This antique, French bed was bought for my daughter's room, then she immediately decided that she liked bunk beds and moved in with her big brother.  It was another piece that I had always planned to paint white, but I was searching for inspiration. 


Here is the bed before painting.  I love the upholstery and nail trim.


Painting over antique and carved wood takes guts for me to do, but once I get started I never regret it.  


 It freshens a tired piece up and shows off details that were hiding in the dark wood.


Even the nail heads show off more now!


 Painting around velvet takes some guts too.


 However, I couldn't be happier with the results!



my little star




I also painted these two night stands for the play set.  They needed a coat of fresh white and some gold leaf to add interest.  I ended up painting the entire back side of these pieces shiny gold.  They were used with the backs facing out in the scenes with the nuns at the abbey, and with the white facing out in the bedroom scene.


This was such a great project to be part of; it is definitely on the list of my favorite things!

Many thanks to Walt Jedsiniak Photography for capturing some fantastic memories for all of us!

No comments: