Monday, October 20, 2014

Mahogany Desk Revival

I like cooperation.  
Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and when you cooperate usually the strengths shine through.  
Unless it's my husband and I... 
we are both procrastinators, so it's easy for us to put things off 
and then a year goes by...   
This was not the case with this desk.  My friend new exactly what she wanted for a desk in her kitchen.  She knew the color she wanted, the finish, the size, the function, all of that- and I knew how to find the piece and refinish it.  
It came out great! And it works beautifully in her beautiful kitchen.


The desk was in good working condition but the finish on the top was tortured and needed to be taken down to it's raw mahogany beauty. The finish is a linen effect to match her dining table.  There are obvious brush lines in the dark glaze.  I used the same finish on a server for the same house.  It adds a lot of depth and interest to an otherwise flat piece.


No comments: