Thursday, October 2, 2014

Yes, I painted my piano!

After a few years of deconstruction and reconstruction on our little home, 
and as my children became old enough to not ruin EVERYTHING in our little home, ahem, 
I started to collect the furniture I wanted for the long haul.  
Like a piano, which is an instrument, but also a piece of furniture.  
And a substantial piece of furniture at that. 
I am a self-diagnosed chronic furniture-rearranger. 
A piano is a major commitment because once you put it in place, it really needs to stay there.
This is a real challenge for those of us who share my diagnoses.

The piano did move around this room a little bit while walls and ceilings were being insulated, sheet rocked, mudded, taped, sanded, primed and painted.  
In fact it served as a spot for our contractors to rest their coffee cups and tools.
I probably should have covered it sooner, it took some abuse, but it survived. When it was moved back to it's final resting spot (for now) it looked like a big black hole in a fresh new bright room.  
So I painted it.  
I had wanted a chartreuse piano for a long time and now I have one!
It's hard to tell the actual color from these photos, but it is Behr Celery Sprig. 
The paint actually shows off how old and wrinkly the original finish was.
My friend, Kate, from Heir and Space, knows what that's called, as "old and wrinkly" are not antique speak per se. 

No comments: