Thursday, October 2, 2014

Ombre dining chairs


The chairs for my dining set were a lot of fun.  I picked a nice tropical blue and lightened it with every chair so no two are the same and they have an ombre effect if you line them up in order, which hasn't happened since I painted them, but anyway, you get the idea.  The two arm chairs were painted Ben Moore Coral Spice.  I've used this color in a few spots in my house and I love it. Very warm and fun. 

The caning on the chair backs was all intact which makes things a lot easier.  The upholstery however was pretty bad.  It was tattered and green and goldish. I think it was original in the 70's.  I reupholstered with a vibrant floral patterned fabric and learned how to make and sew piping into the cushions. It really adds a nice finished look.

No comments: