Thursday, January 29, 2015

Gotta have more Union Jack!


At the OLD BANK.
I couldn't help it! Once the Union Jack dresser was gone I needed to paint another flag! It's fun and this sweet table was calling for it.  Apparently this is a popular table in CT as I now see it in almost every living room I enter, but none have been painted... yet.  I included a photo of how my furniture looks with a fresh coat of wax on it because it's one of my favorite steps.  Once the wax cures I buff it a little to get it to shine a bit, but nothing about the finish really budges unless you drag the claw end of a hammer across it.  Please don't try that...   

On a side note, we just survived Blizzard Colbie here in Connecticut.  The Aubergine Cottage received 18 inches of light fluffy snow, not that bad all, and very pretty.  This house is quite old so when it's 5 degrees outside it's pricey to keep the temperature inside  warm enough to work with wax.  I use an electric candle jar warmer to keep my waxes soft enough to work with and try to apply near a heat vent.  Sometimes I feel like furniture MacGyver. I love Winter, but sanding and waxing will also be a lot easier when Spring arrives! 

No comments: