Thursday, January 1, 2015

Touch of French Linen

I bought this table for the chairs that came with it, but once I got them all home and cleaned them up a bit I started to love the table too.  It was so water stained that the wood was starting to split in spots, but it was a Heywood Wakefield table so it was built to last and deserved a try.  I painted the legs a soft blue and the top a fresh white. 

 I added running stripes on the top to mimic French linen.  It's so sweet now.  Definitely a softened rustic feel because the top isn't completely flat.  I need a larger dining area, this table opens up from 5 1/2 feet to 8 1/2 feet. I'm bringing it to the shop at Old Bank Marketplace. 

Each of the 3 leaves has it's own quilted storage cozy.  


Carly demonstrates how such a table provides adequate shade.

No comments: