Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Silver Linings


This 4 drawer dresser needed a little tlc but it was solid wood and all of the drawers worked well.  It's no secret I'm fond of it's original color (bottom left) but it had been brushed on so thick there were lumpy lines everywhere.  I painted the piece in another favorite color and then sanded away the new paint to smooth down the old.  This resulted in the original color showing through in the unpredictable patterns of the first painter. Really fun, but a little wild? So I grounded it with a silver leaf stripe.  I love the way the silver changes with the light as you move around it.
 The color also seems to change and I can't get two photos to ever look the same!
Only one drawer needed to be repaired, but I took them all out to inspect and they seemed to be begging for a little extra attention.  I stenciled the words Imagine, Create, Believe and Dream onto the outside of the drawers for fun.  
You can find this at the OLD BANK.

No comments: